This year, Scottish Athletics are holding the U12 Superteams competition virtually, so all our eligible athletes will be taking part in the events in their own garden.
This will take place over the next 4 weeks, and will comprise one each week of a sprint, a throw, a standing long jump and a longer run. Instructions for week 1 (Sprint) are below, please get a parent or carer to measure you and ideally video you. You can do as many attempts as you like throughout the week, and then submit your best score by 3.00pm on Friday 22nd May. You will receive a text with a video of how to do the event, and instructions on how to submit your results.
- 75m Shuttle Sprint
- The shuttle run should be completed over a 5m course, measured out on a flat, dry grass or road surface in the garden, on the driveway or elsewhere close to the home.
- The course should be measured using a tape measure if possible, but an adult can measure out 5 even strides if a tape measure is not available. Please aim to be as accurate as possible.
- Run 15 back-to-back repetitions of the 5m course to give one 75m time.
- Times can be recorded using any standard stopwatch, including a smartphone app. Times should be recorded by a responsible adult. Times should be recorded to one tenth of a second, always rounding up: 20.08 = 20.1; 32.66 = 32.7
- Care should be taken to ensure that the athlete touches the ground with one hand at the 5m mark at both ends of the run. At least one foot should also cross the line at the end of each repetition. This can be judged by someone else within the household.
You should have received a Teamer notification to take part, please reply as soon as possible. Good luck everyone, we hope you have fun taking part!