Dear Athletes, Club Coaches, Officials, Parents and Guardians,
This evening the Club’s Board of Trustees in conjunction with feedback from the Club Coaches met to discuss the evolving situation with Coronavirus and we have collectively agreed on the following measures with the best interests of our Athletes, Club Coaches and Officials in mind:
- The YDL Trials Meet between Cumbernauld AAC, Airdire Harriers AC and Motherwell AC due to take place on Sunday 29th March at GHS has been cancelled;
- There will be no training sessions for the Junior Multi-Events Group, which is led by Catriona and Marika, until further notice;
- For those Athletes within the Junior Multi-Events Group who have Standing Orders in place for Club Night Fees, can you please suspend payment until training resumes.
- There will be no Strength & Conditioning Sessions, which are normally held on Tuesdays at the YMCA, until further notice;
- There will be no Throws sessions, which are normally held on Saturday and Sunday, until further notice;
- Sessions will continue for those Athletes who currently train in the Sprints, Middle Distance, Development Multi Events Group and High Jump led by Archie, Stephen, Donald and Lynsey however these will be reviewed on a session by session basis and will be subject to change.
Whilst the above decisions have been taken by the Club, all guidance by the Scottish Government, Scottish Athletics and North Lanarkshire Council will be adhered to as the current situation continues to develop.
We appreciate this is a challenging time for us all, on behalf of all at the Club keep safe and we look forward to welcoming everyone back once the situation becomes more settled.
Cumbernauld AAC Board of Trustees