This Saturday is this year’s annual West District XC Championships, which will be held at a new course in Irvine, which from the feedback from the course organisers will be a great day out for all the Club Athletes competing 🙂
A teammer notification has been sent out to all Athletes that have expressed an interest in competing, for those yet to confirm if you could please do so as soon as that would be appreciated!
Unfortunately we won’t have access to the mini bus this weekend and therefore will be travelling down in cars.
If anyone has any space in their car travelling down to Irvine and wouldn’t mind helping take Athletes down to Irvine, can you please let Stephen know.
With the race being just over 1.20 hour away and declrations closing for the first race at 11.00, the plan is to leave Broadwood Stadium at 09.00.
For those that plan to make their own way there, if you haven’t already done so please drop Stephen a txt on 07768 337 608.
Event Details and Timetable
A copy of the timetable and some additional event details can be found here.
@ Athletes – What to Bring with You
At the moment the current weather forecast looks great however please make sure you have the following with you:
– Wellies/ Change of Footwear (course is forecasted to be a bit muddy :-))
– Club Vest, Shorts and four pins;
– Long sleeved Top, Club hoodie, and joggies;
– Hat, Showerproof Jacket and trousers and gloves;
– XC Spikes (if using spikes, remember to change the size of your spikes from track to XC) or Trail Shoes;
– Black bin bag to put your race clothing and spikes into, which your parents will thank you for 😉
– Pack lunch with a non fizzy isotonic drink.
For all those running on behalf of all the Club Coaches we hope you all enjoy the race 🙂