We now have over 70 Athletes from U11 – U20 that will compete in this years NL Club Challenge/ Team North Lanarkshire YDL Trials, which will be supported by a fantastic 16 Club Coaches and Parent Helpers as Team Managers and Event Officials – a great turnout by all 🙂
The following is some final information for Sunday:
The following Club Coaches have kindly agreed to be Team Managers, who will be responsible in issuing the Athletes their Numbers and ensuring the Athletes arrive at their event on time:
U11 Boys & Girls: Catriona Pettigrew-Smith
U13 Boys & Girls: Angela McCafferty
U15 Boys & Girls: Marika Kennedy
Please note: We feel that the U17’s & U20’s should be old enough now to arrive at their events on time 🙂 Their numbers will be available to be picked up at the Officials room.
A copy of the latest timetable can be found here.
Please note: For those competing in Field Events, all warm up throws or marking run ups should be done prior to the start times.
Due to a Number of the Athletes making their own way there, the Club have put on a mini Bus for those that have indicated this on their entry form and will be leaving Broadwood at 08.30 and will be leaving Grangemouth after the Presentation of the NL Club Championship Shield to the Winning Club, which should be just after 15.30.
For those making their own way through, can you please let Stephen know by txt on 07768 337 608 and ensure you’re either there for 09.00 or at least 1.5 hours before your event.
Some Athlete Information
Can you all please ensure you have:
1. Club Vest
2. Spikes (reminder: for Grangemouth no needle/pin spikes allowed. Can you all please ensure that either ceramic pyramid or Xmas tree spikes should be worn as these have a blunt edge and won’t damage the track.) For our newer athletes, running trainers will be fine!
3. Pack Lunch and Water (please no fizzy juice and that includes fizzy Lucozade :-))
4. When not competing, please take the time watch and encourage your fellow team mates on.
5. Please bring 8 pins for your numbers.
6. Clothing: as this is an outdoor event, please ensure you wear appropriate clothing e.g. warm clothing and pack a shower proof jacket just in case it rains, the current Weather Forecast looks good and can be found here.
North Lanarkshire Team Selection
As discussed with all the Athletes at the Club, this event will also be used to select the U13, U15 and U17 North Lanarkshire Team to compete in this year’s Youth Development League, (YDL), Division 1 and U17 Challenge Cup.
Those who are 1st and 2nd in their events will be put forward for selection for the first YDL Meet on Sunday 23rd April.
On behalf of all the club Coaches we hope all the Athletes enjoy the day 🙂